Thursday, September 26, 2019

Info for Schools and Teachers

I got some great feedback about the first cover I had on my “Epilepsy Made Simple: Schools and Teachers” book … never occurred to me that the purple and green swirl could lead to dizziness and seizures (yes, I still have much to learn!) so I redid the cover. It is much simpler, easy to understand, and shouldn’t cause a seizure.

Just a bit about it: I wrote this book because my son was asked to leave school. His tonic clonic (grand mal) seizures frightened the other kids in his special ed class, and the teachers didn’t feel it was right to put them through that. At the time I was a bit meek, and didn’t feel like I could fight them. I sure wish I knew then what I now know.

Our children deserve an education. Even though they have seizures and often can’t remember things for days after a big seizure, they still need the exposure to the learning process.

It is our job, as a parent, to advocate for as normal a life for our child as possible. That means socializing with kids their age. Learning about life. Attending class. Graduating with a degree. And they should be allowed to do so without teachers and administrators (and kids!) putting them down and making fun of seizures.

I would love to hear from other parents about how you deal with your child being in school, with seizures.

KINDLE **and** PAPERBACK
Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X5VFZMN

No comments: