Monday, April 6, 2020

Keeping Busy During Coronavirus 2020

We took the kids for a bike ride today. It was nice to get out of the house and enjoy some fresh air. The kids and I have been home over three weeks now, and they are starting to show signs of boredom. It's hard to answer their questions about this virus outbreak. A five-year-old and a seven-year-old don't understand why they can't leave the house, go to school, or have playdates with friends. 

Ollie's behavior has been excellent up until recently. I can tell she's starting to become frustrated. Usually, the kids and I are very social and active. We visit with friends and have play dates all of the time. She's even admitted she misses school because she's so bored.  

I can't say this to them, but boy, do I wish I could experience their boredom. Keeping them occupied and from losing their cool is a full-time gig, on top of my full-time gig as a writer! We are just now finally getting some decent weather. Hopefully, the warmer weather can help cure some of our stress and loneliness. There is always more to do outside. 

Homeschooling During the Coronavirus Outbreak:


Homeschool life. 
I am becoming overwhelmed with homeschooling my two kids, and I have a teaching degree. I can only imagine how stressful this is for other families. Both of our kids now have online lessons that they must complete every day on a computer. Doing schoolwork at home is something they are not used to, so it's been a challenging routine to establish.  

Our superintendent indicated that he doesn't seem to think we will be returning to school this school year. As a kid, I would have loved an extra-long summer break. As a parent...not so much.

I think we are taking a few weeks off from writing for the blog for a few weeks while everyone gets their bearings and tries to stay healthy. I hope you all stay safe out there and stay home if you can! We will talk again soon. 

-Abby, guest blogger

No comments: